Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination Highlighting Liquid

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Thursday, June 16, 2011

This has been my year of discovery of Rouge Bunny Rouge. I have fallen head over heels, like Alice in Wonderland, for RBR cosmetics. In Chapter 1 of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Alice is bored as she sits on a river's bank with her sister. She notices a talking, clothed White Rabbit with a pocket watch hop past. She follows the White Rabbit down a rabbit hole, where she falls a long way to a curious hall with many locked doors of all sizes. She finds a key to a door, through which she sees an attractive garden - Rouge Bunny Rouge's Enchanted Garden? Just speculation on my part.

As I've opened the doors of the Rouge Bunny Rouge line, I've fallen in love. I've already recounted many of my purchases. Today, I want to show you the three Seas of Illumination Highlighting Liquids ($69.79) I purchased from Zuneta.

There are four shades available.
  • Sea of Clouds, moonlight on the water with a luminous effect - a white shade that will brighten and freshen any skin tone
  • Sea of Tranquility, pale pink, milky opalescence with white and gold pearls to enliven the skin with luminosity
  • Sea of Showers, a honeyed white gold for golden gorgeousness
  • Sea of Nectar, the darkest shade offered (but not that dark), rose gold to add a pale copper warmth
I had such a hard time selecting only one shade, I purchased three: all except Sea of Clouds. Like Alice, I was enchanted with the idea of opening all the doors.

Like all Rouge Bunny Rouge colors, these highlighting liquids have a story.

At sunset in the Enchanted Garden, you can fleetingly glimpse the mermaids dancing in the gently lapping waves of the Grand Moon Seas. Evening mists rise and tenderly caress them, lingering languorously on their bodies to gift their skin with uncommon youth and beauty. We were inspired by this scene to bring you this dream in a bottle so that you can have your very own transformation.

The moisturizing surge of liquid pearls will dance whispers on your skin till dawn. Be as playful as the magical being that you are - you'll still look as sublimely refined and urbanely elegant as the Moon itself. The tiny reflective particles will illuminate you anywhere you choose, with a sinfully quivering effect to quietly showcase your beauty. Bring fine-spun silver thrills by night or by day - to eyes, brows, temples, or shoulders. No one can eclipse you, Moon Mermaid.

This multipurpose water-based fluid blends easily with moisturizer or foundation to customize the look - to yours alone. Create an inside-out illumination effect and blend it to a thin, refined wash of pearls. Light fragrance of cucumber with a touch of peach flower will add to your application pleasure. A quartet of shades with melissa extract to soothe and Vitamin E to guard against aging.

The Seas of Illumination Highlighting Liquids are as delightful as their description, from the packaging to their lightweight, creamy liquid texture. Now that I've added these gorgeous illuminators to my newest Chanel palette and my Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer "collection," I feel privileged. They are that special.

The containers have a handy pump top that dispenses a very generous portion with one press of the pump. When blended on my skin, the shades make me bright and glowing or golden and glowing - glowing in all cases. Once blended, these flashy shades settle into subtle brilliance - definitely wearable! Just use a light touch when you apply Seas of Illumination. With more than one, you can create a wardrobe of looks. You can use them as-is, mix them to create your own personal colors, or mix them with your foundation for an allover glow.

Sea of Tranquility is the palest of pinks. Sea of Showers and Sea of Nectar are golden. They don't look terribly different in the bottles, but they are on the skin. I took many swatch photos, probably because I was so excited by the shades. For my photos, I applied a tiny dab of each shade I purchased onto my palm and applied and evened it out with my finger. The shades are swatched, top to bottom, as Sea of Tranquility, Sea of Showers, and Sea of Nectar. My photos were taken in full sun.

Hopefully, you can see the nuances between Sea of Showers in the middle and Sea of Nectar at the bottom of my arm. While both are gold, Sea of Nectar has that rose gold tint that's so special to me.

These fluids blend effortlessly, leaving behind a magical lightness and radiant iridescence. Despite their unblended shimmer in my swatch photos, once blended on the skin, they impart a light-reflecting sheen. You can apply them under or over your foundation.

If you can select only one, you'll have to decide whether you want to be a pale beauty or a golden goddess. Should you choose to be a golden goddess, you'll have to make a hard decision. Pure gold or rose gold? I wouldn't say you need both - as I did - but it's a tough choice between equally exquisite shades. Try to play croquet with a flamingo!

You can purchase Rouge Bunny Rouge at Zuneta. They offer fabulous customer service and free international shipping with orders over £65. I have one more item from my last order to show you, then I'll be online again, selecting the items for order #3.

Photos at top courtesy of Zuneta and Wikipedia; photos of bottles and swatches by Best Things in Beauty