Rouge Bunny Rouge Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wand

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Saturday, June 4, 2011

More Rouge Bunny Rouge - my latest makeup obsession! I ordered two Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wands ($43.43) from Zuneta. I could not be more delighted with them. I am reminded of a known saying, "Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul."

Rouge Bunny Rouge's Blush Wand is a cream blush. I love cream blushes because they melt into my skin and make the color look natural - like magic. Here's the description of the Blush Wand at Zuneta.

When acts of magic happen in our world, the weave of the Enchanted Garden opens and captures it as swiftly as the wind's winged messenger. This line of blushes was born in just such an auspicious instance - when the muse inspired the great painters.

Charge your cheeks with ultra-sheer, natural-looking color in a starry instant. A decadently ravishing, sitting-by-a-glowing-fire flush, or an innocently alluring frolicking-in-the-meadow bloom is yours. This magical-sceptre-of-a-blush enlivens your face with a subtle, youthful shine and a hint of even, blendable color.

Four charming shades are available to paint a "soft aquarelle inspiration or a vivacious oil-on-canvas muse to your cheeks." The Blush Wand contains a blend of natural oils and spherical powders for a super-soft emollient cream-to-powder finish in an easy-to-use portable wand. I have applied it straight to my cheeks from the wand, blending with my fingers or a brush, or running a synthetic brush over the top of the wand to pick up the color.

I purchased two shades.
  • Rubens, a semi-transparent medium sangria with ice - great on all complexions
  • Vermeer, a semi-transparent medium-soft rose petal pink, probably best for light or medium complexions.
As usual, Zuneta's shade descriptions were spot-on! Here's a photo of both shades in their tubes, used. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Rubens is on the left, and Vermeer is on the right.

I swatched them for you and took my photo in full sun, in front of my Satsuki azaleas. Rubens is shown at the top of my arm, and Vermeer below. I applied them fairly heavily to ensure the shade differences would be apparent.

Both shades are perfect for me. Rubens is rose, with just a hint of plum, and I think it will work for many skin tones, not just pale faces. Vermeer is a lighter shade, pink but not candy-pink, a very flattering shade to make you look pretty. The shades are not sparkly; they just look that way from the sun's reflection on my arm.

There are two more shades available: Goya (peachy-coral) and Manet (rosy-coral). With four shades, there's bound to be one you'll like.

As with all Rouge Bunny Rouge at Zuneta, there's a product application guide. You can count on accurate swatch photos. It's a great place to shop! As I mentioned earlier in the week, Zuneta's customer service, helping me (or you) select colors online is superlative. The shipping from the U.K. is free to U.S. customers who order enough. I didn't have any trouble achieving the free shipping level. I've done it multiple times! There's even more Rouge Bunny Rouge to come here at Best Things in Beauty. If you missed my earlier features, just scroll down.

You can find the Rouge Bunny Rouge Web site at this link. They have a Facebook page here. Head over to Zuneta to browse and order. Just remember, the U.S. dollar isn't what it used to be.

Update 6/5: Sometimes I feel like an idiot. This morning, thinking about painters (and these blushes named after them), I looked at my copy above and saw that I changed poor Mr. Vermeer's name to veneer, which is a thin covering some put over wood and art. I must have done that because of the intoxication caused by Rouge Bunny Rouge. I can tell you that the Enchanted Garden really does have magical effects - perhaps as good as I've heard hallucinogens are! Laughing... There's been so much interest in the Blush Wands, I threw in another photo. I probably should have used it when I published the feature.

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty