The Friday Forum - June 17

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, June 17, 2011

Hydrangea season has started. When my hydrangeas are blooming, I wonder why I grow anything else. Then I remember the crepe myrtles, daylilies, and other perennials that grace my garden during the summer. Despite the competition, the hydrangeas cast a spell.

What a week it's been! Last weekend, I had two makeovers (Chanel and Chantecaille), and this week has been a week of experimentation, with new makeup I haven't even had time to describe for you. Each weekend, I anticipate a cloudless day, hoping to get pretty photos for you. Why does it rain on weekends?

Overnight, we had a killer thunderstorm. I heard my computer's auxiliary power supply beep and got out of bed to turn off the computer. There was a lot of nearby thunder and lightning, Charlie had taken off for the interior of the house (he moves from windows by instinct), then the electricity blipped on and off again. I use an electric clock to tell me the time, and any power interruption, however brief, will make it reset. I didn't want to watch it blink, so I reset it, thinking it was only a few minutes off. You can guess...This morning, I thought I had overslept. The clock told me it was 4:45 am when I awakened naturally. I totally forgot I had reset it blindly, so I didn't check my iPad for the time. I hopped out of bed and began my morning. It was only while writing The Friday Forum (and wondering why I saw no light of dawn outside) that I discovered it had really been 3:45. Now, still before my normal wake-up around 4:30, I realize how sleepy I'll be later today. No wonder Charlie didn't get me up "at 4:30"! Cats have such amazing internal clocks.

Tomorrow, I have a Bobbi Brown session at Nordstrom at Tysons Corner Center. That should be fun - if I get a nap before I go! It's my only planned beauty outing of the weekend. I have to stay home and get myself organized - weed too (more like taming the jungle).

I hope to explore the Le Labo samples a sweet Twitter friend, @glowyjoeybunny, got for me in New York. Today is her birthday - Happy Birthday, Joey! Late yesterday, when the samples arrived, I sprayed all three on my arm - and loved all three! I still detect an elegant and mysterious soft, musky scent. Iris 39, one of The Non-Blonde's favorites, persists beautifully - proof that there are a few fragrances containing patchouli that I can love (perhaps very few). I had the pleasure this week of speaking with a gal from LuckyScent. She has worked at one time for Le Labo, and she told me about her long list of Le Labo favorites. By the time we finished talking, I wanted all of them! She's dangerous. I really need to get a lottery ticket today.

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most (not all) readers have moved on.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway contest for Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick for Body. The deadline is tomorrow, Saturday, June 18, at midnight. Anyone can enter, so go for it! The large shimmer brick is a stunner.

I was delighted last Friday to return from work and see how active you had been on the forum. Have a fun and beautiful day!

Photo courtesy of Southern Living