Chanel Fall 2011 Joues Contraste Fards à Joues Poudre Rose Écrin

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Chanel Fall 2011 Collection we've eagerly awaited has arrived - at Chanel.com and Chanel counters. It's everything I expected and more. While Chanel fall is "all about the eyes," the windows to our souls, there's a lot to love for lips and cheeks.

I had planned to start my Chanel series with Khaki Platine, a gorgeous eyeliner (one I'm sure Chanel made for me), but the weather didn't cooperate. Clouds have "graced" my attempts to get good photos of Khaki Platine, although I think I'll throw one in at the end of this feature.

Instead, I'm starting with Joues Contraste Fards à Joues Poudre in Rose Écrin ($43). Everyone needs a pretty cheek to complete a look, and Rose Écrin will delight anyone who loves a warm pink blush.

Chanel's Joues Contraste Powder Blush has been in my makeup wardrobe as long as I can remember. There have always been pretty shades that worked for me, and I just added Rose Écrin (#68) to my list of favorites. The moment I saw the photo in the promotional materials at Neiman Marcus, I knew it was going to be perfect.

What can I tell you about Chanel Joues Constraste that you don't already know? It's a unique powder blusher that offers buildable coverage, from natural with a light application to dramatic (if you choose), and it always imparts a flattering radiance to the cheeks. The blush has a lovely silky texture, which ensures easy application. It comes with a little brush that one would only use in a pinch. You need to use a fine blush brush with Chanel's iconic powder blush.

I was able to get a few indoor photos of Rose Écrin - the compact and swatches. Rose Écrin is not as peachy in the pan as Chanel's photo makes it appear, and it's not quite as cool a pink as my own photo shows. Split the difference, and you'll have good idea of the appearance in the compact.

On my arm - my pale skin - the color is all pink. Not too cool, not too warm, it's a pretty pink that is a year-round shade to my eye. Beautifully flattering! How much more could a gal want?

I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply it to my arm, and I applied it heavily to get these swatch photos. I hope you can see that the pink shade of Rose Écrin is not too cool, but not too warm. Applied lightly, it imparts a very natural blush. Apply it heavily, and you will look pretty in pink (or like Raggedy Ann).

From the Chanel photos I've seen, the cheeks are not the focal point of the collection for fall. I'd recommend a light touch, especially if you intend to glam your look with the beautiful new eye shadows (I'll be showing them to you when the weather cooperates). For now, have fun with one little swatch photo of Khaki Platine. I've already purchased two of them! That's why you have to rush out to get this collection. We crazies are buying multiples!

I bought the fall collection from Chanel and Neiman Marcus. I have many lovely new things to show you over the coming days. I hope you'll come back to see.

Photos at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty